Monday, May 16, 2011

Two Things

Two things, first is a quote by Mark Driscoll that I love.  Second is a video by the band Gungor that I got to see play live last night.  They are wonderful.  Very anointed and very talented.  This video is more something funny but its got some good things to say.  I have 3 days left of my first year of college.  Yah!

“Some emergent types [want] to recast Jesus as a limp-wrist hippie in a dress with a lot of product in His hair, who drank decaf and made pithy Zen statements about life while shopping for the perfect pair of shoes.  In Revelation, Jesus is a prize fighter with a tattoo down His leg, a sword in His hand and the commitment to make someone bleed.  That is a guy I can worship.  I cannot worship the hippie, diaper, halo Christ because I cannot worship a guy I can beat up.” –Mark Driscoll



1 comment: