Friday, October 9, 2009

Life in Mazatlan

Okay so I"m finally going to write a post that actually talks about what I'm exactly doing here, we'll see if i make it to the end.  Pretty much I am here in Mazatlan doing my DTS for YWAM.  I am expecting to learn a lot and to be strengthened a lot.  I expect to learn how to walk in the Power of the Holy Spirit but also in the meekness, love, humility, and intimacy that Jesus walked in.  Anyway God has done some crazy stuff here, our speaker the first week was Kelly Vargas she's on staff at the base here but she pretty much prophecied over our team that we would be a team of brokenness (which is already totally true) and that we would be a DTS that takes the base and the DTS school to the next level.  Awesome.

I could outline a lot of events but I thought I'd just maybe go through the awesomeness of a day here.  Today for example, i got up at 7am ate breakfast...went for a walk with God on the beach for a half hour, came back went up to the secret place (its what they call this cool garden quiet place where we have class) and had personal time with God for another hour.  Then we either have worship or intercession or class for 2 hours till about 11.  Then a break then class for two hours.  then i have lunch at 1 and do lunch cleanup (my job) that takes until 3 and then i have freetime everyday until 6.  Plenty of time to either just spend more time with God wohooo, read the word, listen to podcasts, go to the beach, jump in the pool, learn guitar, chill on facebook and skype etc...Then we have dinner at 6 and then have more freetime till 8.  (I've never had this much free time in so long).  Then we either have class 8-10 on mondays, tuesday is freetime and it looks like I'm gonna get to play soccer those nights the base has a team we play at this awesome ghetto cornerkick outdoor type place and we lose but its fun.  Wednesday we have outreach meetings (i know where I'm going for outreach but blog on that will come later), thursday we have freetime but i got my team to turn that into a worship time wohooo! and firday we have fmaily night tonight we watched a movie.  Anyway and then i usually go to bed at about 11 so i have another hour of hang/free time from 10-11.  Then weekends are pretty much all free.  Every other weekend we do an outreach thing and sunday at 12 30 is church and sunday night we do flagpole outreach which is awesome...we go down to the malecon by the beach and just have people worship and intercede and evangalize and pray for poeple its great though its tough not being able to speak spanish that well.  So pretty much life is awesome.  Everyday is filled with learning about God, worshipping God, talking to God, listening to God, and reading the word.  However I'm already excited for outreach cuz pretty soon I need a way to release all this stuff God's just overflowing me with or I'm gonna explode. 

Okay now something interesting...God's teaching me a lot...prolly the most He's teaching me patience and humility.  For one i go from being a leader in many ways at home just with The Movement and such and being seen as a leader by others.  Here i feel i am still called to be a leader but its very different becasue a lot of times its less visible...i'm not the one teaching i'm not the one leading the school or anything like that. Though its kinda weird it's good for me b/c it is keeping me humble realzing that I have so far to go still in my walk with God.  I have also realized that a lot of teaching i have heard before but if i get past the lie that i've heard it all before i learn a lot of new stuff and can ask questions to dive deeper.  I also realize that as described above I have a lot of freetime.  I think that God has given me an oppertunity to spend time with Him so much and this is an oppertunity I may not get very often in life.  He's teaching me how to not just talk to him but to listen and not just a couple minutes but to sit and listen to him for long periods of time.  He is also teaching me patience.  I want to be one place in my walk with God and I want our team to be one place but you can't just get to places instantly sometimes teh process of getting there is more important and valuable than actually getting there.  And while I look and go wow i wish we were here, us as a team are already way farther than I ever thought we would be after being together for 2 weeks. 

Anyway that's a lot and not sure how much of it you all actually care about but I figured i'd actually write about what I'm doing here and what God's showing me.  Love you all I'm prayin for ya guys (I got enough time ha).  God bless you all and may He teach you to love the process of growth.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing brother, sounds like an awesome and challenging time up ahead. Carry that fire with a spirit of peace.

    ReplyDelete