Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Summer Travel

(Actually written July 18, 2010)

Well here I am in South Dakota now. It’s been a very busy three weeks. Since I’ve been back in the states I haven’t been home for a weekend yet (and won’t be until August), I’ve road tripped to Chicago, Kansas City, and now South Dakota. Life is crazy when travel is involved. It is cool being to so many different places in such a short amount of time but it really messes with your head, to think that in 3 weeks I’ve been from Mazatlan to Minnesota to Chicago to Kansas City to South Dakota and on Saturday I leave for Panama. Crazy.

Of my road trips I do want to share a little bit about my trip to Kansas City. My friend Jake and I got the opportunity to visit IHOP for a few days. We got to go to 3 Awakening meetings and visited the prayer room on 3 other occasions worshipping with 2 of Misty Edward’s sets and 1 set of the nightwatch. It was a really great 3 days and I definitely encountered God. I think the first day was kind of weird mostly because my focus was on IHOP maybe a little more than it was on Jesus. However the next 2 days were spent getting filled with joy, worshipping, praying for others, hearing testimonies of healings, and just resting in the LORD’s presence. One exciting encounter I had was that when one guy prayed for me I got gold dust on my hands so that was pretty neat.

Since I’ve been home I feel like though I’m really busy in the physical, spiritually things are going really slow. Part of it is I’m not handed revelation on a platter 20 hours a week and don’t have 5-6 hours of evangelism and 8 hours of prayer and worship built into my schedule. However, I have been going to feed the homeless on Wednesdays. One time we went down we saw a woman get partially healed of arthritis and another guy who could barely walk get his knee touched so that he could walk pretty much normal. Also have been going to Twin Cities House of Prayer (TCHOP) quite a bit so that is fantastic.

That’s about it for now in terms of a life update. I leave for YWAM Rockford on Thursday and our team leaves for Panama on Saturday. Keep our high school students and myself in your prayers as we will be doing things such as evangelism, Vacation Bible School (we’re teaching on the Holy Spirit!), and other kids ministries. Pray that our students would be bold, that they would receive God’s heart for others and move out of that to reach this great nation. Also that we as leaders can set a good example and encourage the students to step out of their comfort zones.

God bless everyone!

Jake Engen and I at an Awakening meeting at IHOP

No comments:

Post a Comment