Sunday, January 9, 2011

I Wish

Sometimes I just wish people could see what I see.  I wish people could know what I know, feel what I feel, and experience what I experience.  I do not mean this in a prideful way.  I do not mean this in a way that what I see and know is 100% perfect and right and better than everyone else.  Its just there is this person inside me called the Holy Spirit and He tells me things.  He helps me experience things and feel things.  He takes me on adventures and ensures that my life is never boring.  He reveals things to me about this man called Jesus that I could have never possibly seen before.  He makes me stand in wonder and awe at the majesty of this man.  He stirs my heart with joy to the point where its really hard to not smile, rather its really hard to not laugh all the time (I swear people think I’m crazy…probably cuz its mostly true).  When the Bible says that there is fullness of joy in the presence of God and pleasures forevermore that isn’t just some nice statement.  For those who seek the face of God this is reality.  It has been my reality.  There really is more joy (real joy like laughter and smiling) in God’s presence than anywhere else.  There really are pleasures, real pleasures that feel good.

For about two years now I feel like I have been living on top of the mountain.  Yes I have had struggles, yes I have had seasons of difficulty, I have even had dry parts, but I am starting to realize that living on the mountaintop is not only possible, it has become the reality of my life.  Sometimes I have to remind myself that my life is actually my life.  That my life really is as good as it is because to be honest its hard to believe despite the fact that I’m living it.  Why does the all-powerful uncreated God of the universe bless me and love me and care about me so much.  I got no clue.  All I know is that I love Him for it and I love the life He has blessed me with.  Granted it should be known that this life first off is not something I love because of my circumstances and surroundings (though they have been pretty great) it is because my heart is more alive than it has ever been before, it is because His joy gives me strength, it is because though I am killed (yes physically) I cannot be harmed (yea try to grasp that statement, good one Jesus), it is because the greatness of God is unsearchable (Psalm 145) which means I can search out His greatness the rest of my life and always find something new, I can always go deeper, I never have to get bored with God.  EVER.  Yea.  Then on top of that there is this crazy book called the Bible, which never ceases to amaze.  Thy kingdom come thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.  What!?  In heaven?  On earth?  Yea come on.  This has been my reality for two years.  Pulling heaven down to earth through prayer, worship, prophecy, healing the sick, casting out demons, feeding the poor and helping the oppressed. 

I was at IHOP last weekend.  Over 30,000 people, many of them high school and college students just totally on-fire for the LORD worshipping, praying, soaking up teaching with a hunger and a passion that most the western church doesn’t even know exists.  Why are they so passionate?  It’s because they’ve seen what I’ve seen.  Why do I want you to see what I see?  Because I want you to see God, I want you to see His beauty and His majesty, I want you to see how much He loves you, I want you to see how ENOURMOUSLY HUGE AND AWESOME His plans are for you, I want you to see how strong He can be for you in your weakness, I want you to see the ABUNDANT life He has for you, I want you to see His power over all darkness, all disease, all lies, I want you to see how He has enabled you to live a life of freedom found through an all out surrender to the King of Kings and the LORD of Lords, I want you to see Him.  I want you to see His face as He smiles down on you and speaks His love over you as He tells you that He is not angry at you, He isn’t disappointed, He loves you just as you are, you don’t have to fake it, you don’t have to try to be something your not.  I want you to see Him roll over and laugh at the stories and the jokes that you tell.  I want you to see that He calls you Hephzibah (Isaiah 62), which means that the LORD, the omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent, uncreated, unlimited God of the universe, DELIGHTS in you.  He loves your smile, He loves your personality, He loves you when you are you because He created you that way and He created you unique.  I want you to see that you have the power to touch a part of God’s heart that nobody else in all of history (billions of people) couldn’t, can’t or ever will be able to.  Why?  Because nobody can love God like you can.  But you gotta let Him love you first.  You gotta receive His love before you can love Him back.  We love because He first loved us.  (1 John 4:19) 

I dare you today, open your heart to the man called Jesus.  Whether it’s the first time or the 500th.  Open your heart to Him, let Him in, let Him speak to you, let Him help you.  Let Him take you deeper.  THERE IS SO MUCH MORE FOR YOU IN LIFE.  Do not settle.  Let Him take you deeper into His heart, He is burning with desire for your heart and He cannot wait for you to crack open the door and give Him a chance.  I urge you let Him in.  Let him take you deeper.  Let Him turn your ashes in beauty and your mourning into dancing.  (Isaiah 61)  Seek Him with ALL your heart, all your mind, all your soul, all your strength (what would that look like in your life?) because God says if you seek me with all your heart, you WILL find me (Jeremiah 29).  He says call to me and I will tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know (Jeremiah 33:3).  He wants to tell you things!  Not only does God say search me, but he says if you search me out and go after my kingdom and my righteousness, if you put me as the priority of your life, then everything else in your life, your job, your physical needs, money, a place to live, whatever it is, these things will be added unto you (Matthew 6:33).  I wish you could see what I see.  I wish you could see Him.  Maybe you already have, maybe you do all the time, but maybe you haven’t.  When you do, you’ll never be the same, and you’ll never stop searching to see more.

 Proverbs 25:2  --> “It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, But the glory of kings is to search out a matter. “

“One thing I have desired of the LORD,
        
That will I seek: 
        
That I may dwell in the house of the LORD 
        
All the days of my life, 
        
To behold the beauty of the LORD, 
        
And to inquire in His temple.” (Psalm 27:4)

“Surely I will not go into the chamber of my house,
Or go up to the comfort of my bed;

I will not give sleep to my eyes
        
Or slumber to my eyelids,

Until I find a place for the LORD,
        
A dwelling place for the Mighty One of Jacob.”  (Psalm 132:3-5)

I dare you.  Open your heart to the LORD.  Seek Him out with all your heart.  He is waiting.

“Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.” (Jesus in Revelation 3:20)

2 comments:

  1. Wow..Chris, awesome! Thanks for your words. Stay the course! Todd Riggs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Can I frame this post?! AMEN! The fire is burning strong in the hearts who seek His face! :D

    ReplyDelete