Saturday, April 24, 2010

Carnaval Stories (part 3 of 4)

The third story I would like to share about Carnaval is probably my favorite. It was another one of those nights where I felt God calling me to go the evangelism team. So I was down by the gates of Carnaval with the evangelism teams when Jeremy, one of the evangelists went over to these 3 girls across the street. These 3 girls were dressed very provocatively but you could tell they were really young. So Jeremy brings these 3 girls who end up being the ages of 14, 14, and 18 and he tells me to start praying to God for a word for them. I’m kind of nervous but I’m like alright lets do this. Jeremy started to talk to them about the gospel. Then I felt I was supposed to talk to them about how God is romantic and about the heart of the bridegroom. Soon after this they all received Jesus into their heart. This was awesome but the story isn’t over.

After this happened God started speaking to speak to me about one of the girls and that she had huge relationship problems with her father. So I asked her about it and started speaking to her about the Father heart of God. She it totally being touched at this point and I know God wants to move more but I didn’t know what to say next. Right at this moment, my friend Christie comes up and asks if she can share her testimony. She had been sitting across the street when God told her to come over and share. She was resistant at first because we were already talking to her. However she finally came over and it was perfect timing. Not only was the timing perfect but her testimony was actual exactly what this girl needed to hear. By the end the girl is just crying and Christie was able to comfort her and console her.

Next God spoke to me about another on of the girls and about how she was a creative person and liked to do art. So I spoke to her about God’s creative side. Then God spoke to me about the last girl that she really struggled with her physical appearance. I told her that God created her perfectly and sees her as beautiful and that she doesn’t have to dress a certain way to earn attention or love because she already has all of God’s attention and love. She also started crying and was really touched by the LORD. We then had them pray to receive the Holy Spirit and then we gave them all Bibles.

This story is awesome because it shows how God just wants to encounter people. We didn’t argue with them about whether God was real or not, we didn’t have to convince them of anything, we just spoke truth and spoke into things they were dealing with in their lives and it allowed the Holy Spirit to come and encounter them.

For the kingdom of God does not consist in talk but in power.
(1 Corinthians 4:20)

No comments:

Post a Comment