Thursday, March 17, 2011

Carnaval Stories 2011

Alright on to Mexico! This is a portion of my journal entry on March 5, 2011

-----------------------------

Saturday already. Only a couple more days here in Mazatlan. It’s been awesome though. After the first 24 hours or so where it was really weird, its really just been so good to be home. That’s something that’s really hit me is that I actually have a home in Mazatlan and even if some things about the base change, I will always have a home here on the Pacific Ocean. That’s just awesome!

Carnival has been awesome so far. We’re done with 2 days of outreach and I’ll be here for 2 of the remaining 4 nights. The first night we went out evangelizing. My little group of 5 saw 9 salvations in the first couple hours!! The first was this couple selling gum, candy, and cigarettes outside of the Carnival gates. They had been in a car accident on the way to Mazatlan and had lost a lot of their stuff. Also the guy had twisted his ankle. So we talked, prayed and prophesied over them and their business. God healed the guy’s ankle and they both got saved! It was cool because they both kind of got saved separately but still together. Laura and I were talking to the woman while Mark and Ben and Montse were talked to the man. The LORD gave me a word for the woman about not giving up on dreams and she said she had a lot of business dreams so we prayed and released favor upon her and her husband and asked God to open up doors for them in the area of business.

We also prayed for this little boy Josue who was a small child with only one lung. We prayed that God would do a creative miracle and release a new lung from the storehouses of heaven. While we were praying, his mom got saved and tons of people gathered around curious as to what was going on and some of them received Jesus as LORD and savior as well.

Last night I led a team into Carnival. We walked all the way through to the other gate and back. I really had to fight the lie that we weren’t doing anything because we weren’t doing any evangelism, though we did see one salvation and we prayed for a few healings. It was however really intense intercession and spiritual warfare the whole night. I think one of the things God is growing me in is to be obedient to Him and do what needs to be done rather than just wanting cool stories. He’s also just reminding me the importance of prayer and spiritual warfare. However I think God is also being really faithful in also giving me rest while I am here. I’ve gotten to go to the beach twice and have time to spend with the LORD so it’s been great.

Our Prayer Gazebo
YWAM Mazatlan and the Pacific Ocean

1 comment:

  1. Wow Chris! It's so cool to hear how God is working through you!

    ReplyDelete